Chocolate Chip Cookies
Whipped up some chocolate chip cookies the other day. These cookies were really good, especially when paired with a glass of oat milk. This recipe is pretty flexible. Experimented it two ways. Texturewise, the original recipe has more similarities to a normal cookie. The recipe with applesauce, has a softer, chewier and more cakier type of texture. The best way to describe it is that it is a hybrid of a regular cookie and a muffin top. You can easily adjust the cookie accordingly to your own preference! Simply by adding your desired toppings of choice, such as chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruits. Recipe and images contributed by: Yee Teng (@nourishplant)
- 2 cups (270-275g) Alchemy Cookies Premix
- 1/2 cup (100g) softened butter or substitute with 1/4 cup (50g) butter and 2 tablespoons applesauce.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- If you are using flax egg for vegan version, make flax egg and set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together softened butter and egg until combined. (Add applesauce* as well if you are using). Add flour into mixture and mix until a dough is formed.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes. (Bake longer for a crispy exterior cookie, especially if you used applesauce).
- Allow cookies to cool for about 10 minutes.
Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram (@alchemy_foods) to share how your creations look! If you have a recipe you’d like to share, tag us too and we’ll be happy to feature it on our page.