The Sweet Rice Pancake that’s healthy, crunchy and easy
Never let your leftover rice go to waste with these fun Sweet Rice Pancakes! This recipe is perfect for a special breakfast treat or a hearty snack. It is easy to prepare and requires not much effort. Add Alchemy Fibre™ For Rice into the mix for a healthier alternative and enjoy the sweet balance of taste and health in one bite!
Try Alchemy Fibre For Rice at home
Alchemy Fibre™️ For Rice is a patented, plant-based fibre blend that is made specifically to be used with rice. When added to white rice during the cooking process, Alchemy Fibre™️ For Rice helps to reduce the glycemic index (GI) of white rice, while increasing the fibre content to 10x that of white rice.
Sweet Rice Pancake
- 1 & 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Alchemy Fibre For Rice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Combine the leftover rice, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt in a bowl until it is evenly mixed.
- Add 1/2 tbsp cooking oil to a large, non-stick pan. Scoop around 1/4 cup of the rice mixture onto the hot pan. Use a spatula to press the mound of rice down until it is about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook the pancakes for a few minutes on each side, until they are firm, a little browned, and crispy on the outside. Do not try to flip the pancakes before the eggs have set, or they won't hold together.
- After cooking the first three pancakes, add the second spoon cooking oil to the pan and cook the second batch in the same manner.