The Healthier, Yummier Way to Make Butter Rice
This kid-approved, crowd-pleaser of a recipe is more than just a side dish. It’s a flavour powerhouse so buttery and tasty, you can even eat it on its own (we actually polished it off in minutes)!
Effortlessly transform butter rice into a guilt-free delight by boosting its nutritional value with Alchemy Fibre™ For Rice. This is how you increase your daily fibre intake without sacrificing one bit on flavour. Want an even healthier version? Use low sodium chicken stock or vegetable broth instead.
One of the best things about butter rice is that it goes with absolutely any type of cuisine, Western, Indian, South-east Asian, Mediterranean and the list goes on. This is definitely a recipe to keep in your back-pocket to spruce up plain old steamed rice for a special date night or potluck party with friends.
Got some butter rice left over (rare, but not impossible)? Store it in an air-tight container for up to 4 days in the fridge and up to 3 months in the freezer.
Try Alchemy Fibre For Rice at home
Alchemy Fibre™️ For Rice is a patented, plant-based fibre blend formulated specially for rice. When added to white rice during the cooking process, Alchemy Fibre™️ helps to reduce the glycemic index (GI) of white rice, while increasing the fibre content by 10x. What’s more, using Alchemy Fibre™️ also means increasing prebiotics which are essential for maintaining a healthy gut.
If you love rice in all its forms, be it purist-level steamed rice or rich, savoury butter rice, Alchemy Fibre™️ makes every meal healthier for you without compromising on taste. Even if you don’t cook all that often, you can add Alchemy Fibre™️ into your porridge, noodle soups etc. It dissolves easily and lets you reap all the benefits of controlling your blood sugar and increasing your fibre intake pretty much effortlessly.
Easy Savoury Butter Rice
- 1 & 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup melted butter (unsalted)
- 1/2 medium-sized white onion (diced)
- 3 pieces bay leaf
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Alchemy Fibre For Rice
- 1/3 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- Dice 1/2 a white onion. Melt 1/3 cup of unsalted butter in a large saucepan and sauteed the diced onions under medium-low heat for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Stir in 1 and 1/2 cups of jasmine rice and mix well.
- Dissolve 1 and 1/2 tbsp of Alchemy Fibre For Rice into 3 cups of chicken broth and mix well. Add it to the rice.
- Add 3 bay leaves, sprinkle some black pepper and stir well.
- Let the rice cook for 15 minutes and turn off the heat. Keep saucepan on the stove and leave the rice to steam (covered) for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, fluff the rice and enjoy!