Community Recipes: Claypot Rice by Lynn @the.kitchenlife
One Pot Claypot Rice
“Inspired by Hong Kong Clay Pot Rice, here's the easy version of clay pot rice prepped with rice cooker. Fuss free and not to worry about "chao da" 😄” Recipe, image and video contributed by: Lynn (@the.kitchenlife) Don’t forget to tag us on Instagram (@alchemy_foods) to share how your creations look! If you have a recipe you’d like to share, tag us too and we’ll be happy to feature it on our page.
- 1 stick Chinese sausage (lap cheong) , thinly sliced
- 1 cup Frozen shelled edamame , defrosted
- 4 sticks Imitation crab meat , diced
- 5 pieces Chinese dried mushrooms
- 1 rice-cup Uncooked white rice
- 1 tbsp Alchemy Fibre™ Powder Blend for Rice , approx. 15g
- 1 small knob Ginger , peeled
- 1 tbsp Goji berries
- Chilli Sauce , for dipping
- Spring onions , to garnish
- 1 tbsp Light soy sauce
- ½ tbsp Dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Rice wine
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Wash and soak the dried mushrooms for about 20-30 minutes or until softened. Slice mushrooms into half. Reserve the water from soaking the mushrooms.
- Wash and place uncooked rice in a rice cooker. Pour in reserved water (volume depending on the type of rice used, see packaging for instructions) and add in Alchemy Fibre. Cook rice as per normal using the “cook rice” or “white rice” option.
- Once the rice is half cooked, add in ginger, mushrooms and chinese sausage and continue to cook the rice.
- While waiting for the rice to cook, prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients.
- Once the rice is just cooked, drizzle sauce mixture over the rice and sprinkle on goji berries. Cover the rice cooker and let rice simmer for another 3 minutes.
- Stir rice and add in edamame and imitation crab meat. Simmer for another 5 – 7 mins or until all the ingredients are fully cooked.
- Fluff rice and garnish with spring onions. Serve hot with a side of chilli or dipping sauce of choice.